My first week posting back from South Carolina has come to an end and here’s what I’ve discovered and remembered when it comes to outfitting in the Lowcountry and my life as an island girl again…
- You DO forget the heat when you’ve missed two summers in the South! And don’t even get me started on the humidity. Hope you guys aren’t hoping for anything less than big big hair coming from me this summer! 🙂
- Something about this part of the world makes me want to embrace all things print and colour in a way I never have before. Just in case you hadn’t already noticed.
- Sunglasses or a hat are not just accessories, they are necessities.
- I’m barefoot or bust. Shoes are only for the moments where I have to leave the island and I find myself confronted with those pesky signs reading “no shoes, no shirt, no service.” I mean I wouldn’t dream of showcasing a no-shirt look, but no shoes is a way of life. Alas, Publix doesn’t agree.
- The dogs are out of practice. I promise more pics with them front and centre but it’s been so long they have forgotten all their camera manners. A few sessions and lots of rewards will get them right back into their day jobs as my assistants.
- I have come alive again… and I hope you notice. I feel inspired by my current environment and I’m overjoyed to be sharing that with you all.
So, that’s a round up of lessons learned, let’s dive into outfits worn as a result. Please note there are affiliate links used below. Also, hopefully for your convenience, I have shared details on the size I’m wearing in each garment so you can judge what to order yourself. I will note if there is anything funny about fit!
Wearing Size 18UK and fits perfectly! Also absolutely adore this length of dress. It’s so incredibly flattering.
Wearing a size 18UK and it fits perfectly. I could even go down a size if need be, but I like to have a little wiggle room for big breakfasts 🙂
(Shirt is an old Ralph Lauren Chambray)
£85 / £79
I’m wearing an XXL in both. The trousers are a little on the snug side, but a comfortable snug!
This is a Reformation Wrap Dress that I bought years ago. I am obsessed with their dresses and keep a hold of them as they are such good quality. I encourage you to check out their selection in store for summer and they come in plus sizes! I’m wearing a 1x!
I’m wearing a size 18 and it’s perfect! It has an elasticated section which makes this so comfortable. If you’re worrying about the bra, I’m wearing Boob Tape… I use booby tape (and make sure you buy the nipple covers).
$60 / $98
I’m wearing a 16W in both top and bottom. The sizing is more generous here than you may think, especially in plus/women’s sizes!
I’m wearing an XL and it fits perfectly. I was worried I’d bought too small but it is the perfect fit! Sadly, you may only be able to get this on ebay now but I’m linking on the off chance someone may return it!